UNITED FOR HIGHER STANDARDS
The California government is trying to do “more with less.”That’s why it’s more important than ever for state workers to stand united together to fight to protect ourselves and the services we provide.
SEIU Local 1000 is an organization with a proven track record. Together, Local 1000 members have:
- Bargained Strong Contracts: In 2014, State Bar workers won a new contract that included significant financial gains over a three-year period and that protected State Bar pension contributions at effective status quo levels during the state’s 2014 pension reform process.
- Raised Standards for All State Workers: Last year, Local 1000 negotiated pay increases for all members for 2014 (a 2% increase) and 2015 (a 2.5% increase).
- Stood up for Members: Local 1000 helped Covered California workers take a stand to ensure better working conditions and to fight against contract violations.
- Followed up on Issues that Matter: When the State Compensation Insurance Fund refused to pay auditors overtime, Local 1000 helped employees sue SCIF, resulting in a settlement of more than $1 million with interest.
- 95,000 Members and Growing: More than 100 newly hired DMV workers joined Local 1000 as full dues paying members because our union protects them in the workplace.
WE ARE LOCAL 1000
There is no doubt that being represented by Local 1000 has benefited State Bar employees over the years. In 2014, we negotiated a strong three-year contract with pay raises and pension protections. We encourage Judicial Council employees to join us to stand together for a better future for state employees.
We are ready to represent you in the workplace, at the bargaining table and in your community, because we believe all Californians have the right to a good life and income security while they’re working and after they retire.